This post is sponsored by Tillys and ShopStyle
Ready or not, the holiday season is upon us. Every year the Christmas season starts earlier and earlier (RIP Thanksgiving). This means that the trees go up after the skeletons come down, and the ornaments are stocked before the Halloween candy has cleared the shelves. While I don’t have a Christmas tree up yet, I’m here for it (cue the Hallmark channel binge). I’ve never been a big Thanksgiving girl, and it gives me a chance to get ahead on my Christmas shopping— ya feel me? I can’t be the only daughter that never knows what to get for her parents.
That said, this year I’m determined to get organized. Gone are the days of ordering gifts on December 20th (hopefully). Thankfully, Tillys is here to help me get started.
This isn’t another 10 page blogger holiday gift guide (honestly, who has time for that). Instead, here are my best tips for getting ahead on Christmas gift shopping.
1) Make a list of everyone you plan to give a gift to. I do this in the notes on my phone, so I know exactly what to expect in terms of budget and time. Next to their name I’ll put any gift ideas I may already have, along with how much I plan to spend. This helps hold me accountable because it’s like a to-do list that I can’t delete until the presents are wrapped and under the tree.
2) Get their wishlist (and get it early). My family is the worst at this, mostly because they never know what they want. I generally don’t get their wishlists until days before (sometimes after) birthdays or holidays. This year I plan to get the lists pre-Thanksgiving (so like, tomorrow) so I have ample time to shop. In the past, we’ve used Giftful, which makes creating and purchasing from lists super easy. I highly recommend trying it!
3) Find a one-stop-shop. Chip away at your list by finding one department store or online retailer that has something for everyone on your list. It will make your life so much easier, swear. This year, I’m shopping at Tillys. Tillys has major brands like Vans, Ray-Ban, The North Face, Converse, Adidas, Levi’s, and so many more— so you can truly find something for everyone (even your dad). Finding a one-stop-shop, like Tillys, is a game changer.
Shop my 2019 Tillys holiday picks below:
4) Take advantage of Black Friday deals. I’m always scouring the web for promo codes and coupons, so you better believe I take full advantage of Black Friday deals (online only, because I hate crowded malls). It’s a lot easier to shop for Christmas gifts and sort through all of the sales if you know exactly what you’re looking for. So, again, get those lists early.
5) Wrap your gifts while binging the Hallmark Channel. By mid-December you should be done (if you’ve listened to anything I’ve said in this post). Pour yourself a glass of wine, turn on the Hallmark Channel, and wrap your gifts with a smile knowing that you’ll have a (mostly) stress-free month.
You can shop early Black Friday Deals —Mix & Match— Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Select Styles here. November 22, 5:30am PST through November 27, 5:30am PST.
Shop my holiday look here:
This post was sponsored by Tillys and ShopStyle, but as always, all opinions are my own.