I can’t believe we’re already here: Thanksgiving 2018.
I feel like I was just blogging about the 2017 holiday season, yet here we are, another year under our belts. Each year, without fail, there are new people, experiences, and opportunities to be thankful for. And every year, I feel more blessed than the last.
This year was especially hard for me as I navigated new territory being single after a four year relationship. Over the course of the past year, I often found myself thinking, “I’ll really have my life together once I have a husband and family of my own.” It was discouraging and lonely. But in those moments, I realized I was overlooking everyone that I already do have in my life, everything I have accomplished, and all of the opportunities I’ve been given to travel and meet new people. 2018 has been one of my absolute best years. Despite the things that I long for that are out of my control, I really do have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
So here they are, 18 things I’m thankful for in 2018.
1) The unwavering support of my family
2) A roof over my head and a place I can call my own
3) Old, lifelong friendships that only seem to get stronger with each passing year
4) A creative outlet that somehow helps me to learn, and heal, and grow
5) Brands and companies who believe in me
6) The ability to travel to new places as often as I’d like
7) Bosses who value and trust me and my input
8) A new, stable car that gets me to and from where I need to go
9) Family and friends that are healthy and well
10) The ability to be open and vulnerable on the Internet (and Instagram) without judgement
11) A roommate (that also doubles as my best friend) who lets me vent whenever necessary
12) A newfound sense of self-worth that empowers me
13) A healthy, strong body and immune system that helps me to do the things that I love
14) New friends who get me, and accept me for who I am
15) California’s weather
16) The fact that I was able to travel abroad this year with three of my closest, best friends
17) Strong will that keeps me true to the person that I want to be
18) This blog that has introduced me to so many incredible people and has given me so many amazing opportunities