I recently started reading my horoscope every morning, for no other reason than the fact that it’s a quick, interesting read. However, much to my surprise, my daily horoscopes are actually really spot on. It got me thinking about my zodiac sign and the personality traits associated with it. Let’s face it, Taurus gals can have a bad rep. And, well, I’m as true as they come. A Taurus to my core.
What does that even mean? I’m going to tell you. Here are 10 ways you know you’re a true Taurus, and how I relate to each trait, in no particular order.
1. You’re Practical — The Taurus is known for being a realist, and practical. For me, this often means that I don’t get too caught up in the possibility of fairytale endings and am always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I prefer to call myself a realist, as opposed to a pessimist, but I’ll let you decide.
2. You’re Stable, and Typically Less Emotional — This one is interesting to me, because I don’t show my emotions often, but when I do it’s a full send (AKA uncontrollable sob). Taurus gals are known to be stable, and reserved with their emotions, until they hit a breaking point. Ya know, in a cute, but pyscho kinda way.
3. You’re Stubborn AF — I think this is the most common thing associated with a Taurus. We’re known for being extremely stubborn, and I’m no exception. I have never been one to crack under peer pressure, or change my beliefs on a whim, because someone is asking me to. I know what I like, and feel strongly about what I believe, and that’s that— no ifs, ands or buts. Serious, ask anyone.
4. You’re Loyal — Loyalty is a huge strength of a Taurus. If you’re in my life, it’s for a reason, and I’m not going to screw that up.
5. You’re Honest — A true (no pun intended) Taurus is honest. I really pride myself on keeping it real in all aspects of my life. I’m an over-sharer, an open book, and I call it like I see it. On the same coin, I don’t normally have a filter, which can get me into trouble.
6. You’re Persistent — While we have a bad rep for being overly stubborn, I think our persistence is a positive spin on an otherwise negative attribute.
7. You Like Things Done Right — You’ve likely heard the saying, “my way, or the highway.” Well, that’s us. We tend to be extremely independent, which can come off as controlling and dismissive. In our defense, we just know how to get the job done.
8. You Don’t Like To Admit That You’re Wrong — Because of our stubborn nature, we have a hard time admitting when (if) we are wrong. This is probably one of my biggest flaws, and something that I’m always trying to be self-aware of in my relationships.
9. You Have an Artistic Eye — The Taurus is known for having an artistic eye and a knack for creativity. Hence the blog, I suppose.
10. You’re Personable (When You Feel Like It) — If I’m in a social setting, I can really engage in conversation and connect with someone on a personal level. But if I’m annoyed or tired, I’m barely paying attention to what you’re saying.