Aside from the undeniable attack of pollen (allergies), and the occasional rain storm, I love spring. It’s a nice change of pace after the perpetual gloom that winter tends to impose on us. Everything gets a little bit lighter, brighter, warmer and more colorful— and while it’s not quite as good as summer, I’ll take it.
Here are 10 reasons why I love spring (in no particular order).
1) The farmers’ market — come April, most towns’ Farmers’ Markets are in full swing. Although some markets may be year around, it isn’t until the spring that they really seem to perk up and come to life. The music is louder, the streets are busier and the produce is better.
2) My birthday — My birthday is in May, so that seems like reason enough to tolerate the spring season. Right?
3) It’s socially acceptable to drink chilled wine again — Yep, you read that right. Rosé all day.
4) Daylight savings — This may actually be my most favorite part about springtime. I love the fact that the days are longer. It makes it much more enjoyable to get outside and be active after work or on the weekends.
5) The pretty blooms — Each year, I count down the days until peonies are in season again. For that, I love May.
6) Festival season — April generally acts as the unofficial kick-off to the California music festival season. Even though I hardly ever actually attend, I am a big fan of the trends and social posts that are bound to follow.
7) Sports pick back up again — No, I’m not talking baseball. In the spring season, some of my favorite sports — swimming, running, triathlons — begin to pick back up after a winter-hiatus from races.
8) Tans — I think it’s safe to say that in the springtime you’re bound to get a little more color than you had in December. I don’t know about you, but I’m a better person when I’m tan.
9) Spring cleaning — I love a good spring purging session in the closet, junk drawers and in life. Whoever coined spring cleaning as a thing was really on to something.
10) Summer is coming — Spring is cool and all, but it just means that we’re that much closer to my two favorite seasons: summer and fall.
Faithfull the Brand Le Rouch Midi c/o Largo Drive. You can shop it here.