Just like that, it’s March 4. March is like a breath of fresh air after the long-winded winter. As nature bursts with blossomy goodness, we’re filled with promise of what’s to come in the warmer months. You know—like longer days, hotter nights and colder drinks.
For me, spring is an excuse to hit the refresh button on my wardrobe.
This year, in addition to perusing for new denim and bikinis, I’ve been making a solid effort to update my health and beauty product collection. I’ve been using the same skincare, hygiene and makeup brands for years—because if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it (right?).
Starting a blog has been eye-opening in terms of how many incredible brands and products there are out there, and this year I’m determined to shake things up a bit.
So, out with the old and in with the new.
Here are five of my current favorite products for spring (and they’re all under $50, you’re welcome);
1) Native Deodorant ($12) – I am pretty active on a daily basis, especially now training for a half marathon. I have tried dozens of deodorants, including clinical strength, and nothing seemed to last through my runs. Native Deodorant is aluminum-free and it actually works, earning an A+ in my book. You can shop it here.
2) IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream ($38) – Until recently, I had been using the same face makeup since high school, the MAC Moisture-Cover Concealer and Studio Fix Powder. Being that I work from home and very rarely put on a full face of makeup, I wanted something lightweight and quick. The IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream is just that. It gives me full coverage, but it doesn’t feel caked on like a typical foundation would. Oh, and did I mention it has SPF50+ in it? Five stars all around. You can shop it here.
3) Waiakea Water ($36 for 12 1L bottles) – Anything from Hawaii is a must-try in my book, and Waiakea Water is no exception. This Hawaiian Water is filtered through porous volcanic rock, has oodles of natural electrolytes and minerals, and honestly, it’s just really good. Incase you weren’t sold, for every liter you buy, Waiakea donates 650 liters of clean water to those in need through Pump Aid. Win-win. You can shop it here.
4) Stila ‘Stay All Day’ Liquid Lipstick ($24) – This matte, liquid lipstick gives Kylie’s lip kits a run for their money. I bought Perla, a light-pink shade, and I’m obsessed. Try it, trust me. You can shop it here.
5) Shade Sunscreen SPF30+ Tinted ($28) – I’m not going to lie; I’m not the best at applying sunscreen. In fact, the only way you can get me to layer on the SPF is if it has some sort of instant-bronzer woven in to the technology. Shade Sunscreen rocks, and I’m forever indebted to the babe behind Saltwater Threads for introducing me to it. You can shop it here.
What are your go-to products?