One of my absolute favorite parts of this manic blogging world is connecting with like minded people. With Instagram, you’re constantly scrolling through seemingly perfect lives and it’s a nice reminder that there are real people behind those pretty little squares.
In an effort to spread the blogger lovin’, I’m participating in a #BloggersGetSocial tag with one of my favorite bloggers, The Fancy Sister. So if you’re reading this, I challenge you to write your own post sharing 10 random facts about yourself. After all, we’re all in this together, so let’s get social.
1) I am a wannabe vegetarian. Now, before I upset all of the real vegetarians out there, let me preface by saying I don’t consider myself an actual vegetarian. I don’t eat red meat, or fish or pork— for no reason other than the fact that it grosses me out. I eat chicken and turkey, on occasion, but I’d be perfectly fine with a meat-free diet.
2) I competed in a half ironman triathlon. The summer of 2014 I was so motivated and competed in a handful of triathlons and half-marathons before deciding to sign up for a half ironman race. That’s 70.3 miles altogether— a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and 13.1 mile run. It was one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat— with lots of training, of course.
3) I am a hypochondriac. This isn’t something I am proud to admit. As kooky as it sounds, ever since I started watching Grey’s Anatomy I have been a total basket case when it comes to health. This is actually the root of all of my anxiety. My advice here, don’t google your symptoms.
4) If I could be a real-life mermaid, I would. As I’m sure you could tell by the theme of this blog, the ocean is my jam. I have always felt more connected to the water than I have to land, which is probably because I grew up swimming competitively for 14 years. Needless to say, I would gladly trade in my feet for fins.
5) I am hopelessly stubborn. This could be good or bad, but I am unapologetically stubborn. Often times, I have a little more sass than I actually know what to do with. Shout out to all the bull-headed Taurus gals out there.
6) I am borderline blind. I got my first pair of glasses in the first grade, and my eyes have only gone downhill since then. If I wasn’t wearing contact lenses or glasses, and you were standing five-feet in front of me, you’d still be blurry. I have never, in my whole life, met anyone with worse vision than me.
7) 90’s music is my jam. Sure, I like the occasional Blake Shelton or The Chainsmokers. But 90’s music, up until the early 2000’s, that’s my favorite. I could listen to it all day, everyday.
8) I don’t like sweets. I don’t get a sweet tooth, like ever. Instead, Mexican food is my weakness. Eating clean and healthy is all fun and games until someone offers me a burrito. Game over.
9) I was brunette, once. I have been highlighting my hair since the seventh grade, which is funny because I went to a Catholic school which forbid hair coloring, so I blamed my suddenly blonde locks on the sun. And then one time, in college, I thought it would be fun to take brunette for a test drive. Never again.
10) This is my second blog. After graduating college, I was frustrated with the relentless job-hunt. I started a blog, Overdressed and Underemployed, to vent about the struggles for 20-somethings trying to start their career. Once I landed my dream-job, the blog died.
Now, it’s your turn. Share 10 random facts about yourself with your readers so they can get to know you a little bit better, and use the tag #BloggersGetSocial.