There’s something about the holidays that makes you appreciate what you’ve got. Whether it’s the slow and easy family time, the flowing champagne or the yummy comfort food— the holidays really channel all the feels. Hallmark tells us that Thanksgiving is the one day a year to really hone in on what we’re grateful for— I mean, the name itself translates to “giving thanks” (duh).
So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’ve rounded up ten things I’m thankful for every single day, not just when the holiday rolls around.
1) A close-knit family. I count my blessings every day that I ended up with these people. My family is everything, and I am fairly certain that I would be completely lost without them.
2) My faith. When it comes to the future, life’s unexpected trials and the unknown, my faith is what keeps me going strong— and I’ll hold on to that for eternity.
3) Friends that have my back. I have a handful of girlfriends that would stand by my side no matter what, and that, my friends, is squad goals in the truest form.
4) My health. Although I like to self-diagnose myself based on my accumulated medical knowledge from WebMD and Grey’s Anatomy, I am extremely grateful to have a clean health record.
5) A boyfriend who loves me unconditionally. No relationship is perfect, but if you can find someone who looks at you like you’re magic and supports your dreams, you’re doin’ alright.
6) California. I’m a sucker for California down to my core— the sun, the waves, the mountains and the desert— I’m so thankful to be rooted in this golden state.
7) A career that I love. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again— I am one of few twenty-somethings who is fortunate enough to have landed a career that I love, and that’s priceless. I don’t take that for granted, ever.
8) Having grown up in a small town. Living in a small town has its pros and cons, but growing up with a group of people that feel more like a second family is pretty dang cool.
9) Mexican food. I’m not above feeling thankful for a big ol’ plate of nachos and a salty margarita.
10) This blog. This blog has given me countless opportunities, new relationships with some of the best brands and the most talented babes around, and a creative outlet to express myself— all of which I am forever thankful for.
And most of all, I am thankful for every single one of you who took the time to read this.